I met Sylvia last year when we hosted The Grace Factory Social at Jump n Play. She’s transforming Jump n Play into a school during weekdays, please support her this Sunday from 9am – 5pm at their open day if you keen to visit the school, address is:
1st Floor, Northlands Corner Shopping Centre
Corner Witkoppen & Newmarket Street
Here’s what Sylvia has to say about running her own business:
- Name: Sylvia Bibb
- Business name and website: Jump N Play http://www.jumpnplay.co.za
- Brief description of business: Indoor play venue and birthday party venue. We are now as of the 19th August a registered private preschool for ages birth to 6 years.
- Since when have you run your own business: August 2011
- Why is it better than working for a boss: Being a mother as well as a business person, the freedom of being able to run a business and still spend time with my children.
- Thing you enjoy most each day: Welcoming new clients and seeing the joy on the children’s faces when they see everything for the first time
- Thing you enjoy least each day: Admin!!
- Advice for people starting their own business: Location and Marketing! Make sure you have selected your location correctly. Have a solid business plan and rather spend money up front on the marketing of your business. Shop around and see what will work best for your business.
- Top three things you have learnt from having your own business:
- Budgeting correctly is vitally important
- There are no guarantees
- Making sure you have the correct staff is critical to your business.
Sylvia and her staff at the #GraceFactorySocial 2013.