I was so overwhelmed when Christine from The Kenny Family nominated me for a LIEBSTER award! Thank you so much Christine. I have subsequently spent some time reading your blog (as I must be honest I don’t have time to read blogs often) and really love it! Your twin boys are so cute!
The Liebster awards were invented to try and recognize “small” blogs and I really think it’s an AWESOME idea to get to know the smaller blogs better. Here are the rules:
Here’s Christine’s questions to me:
- Why did you start your blog? I started my blog as I wanted to document memories and experiences of being a mum, wife, corporate world girl and charity worker. I also hoped that mums reading my blog would be helped and encouraged in some way or form.
- If you could go to any place in the world, where would that be and why? Probably an island like Maldives or Mauritius where relaxation is the main aim, REALLY would love a week of sand, sea, beach, great food and cocktails!
- If money was not a factor, what would be your dream job? To work full time for my charity, The Grace Factory! Just LOVE helping others and my dream is to give a maternity pack to every baby born in a government hospital or clinic in South Africa.
- What do you do in order to overcome writer’s block? I really struggle with writers block sometimes (not sure how to put my feelings on paper) and don’t write during these periods. Taking a break from blogging for a few days/ weeks helps.
- What do you value most in life? People who love me for me.
- What does a normal day in your life look like? Wake up at 5am – make lunches, breakfast and coffee/ tea, get Erin ready for school and myself ready for work. Leave home at 6:45 to drop Erin off at school. Get to work by 7:15. Work flat out until 16:00, deal with TGF emails and queries during my “lunch break”. Go home at 16:00, drop Thando off. Spend time with Erin from 17:00 and make supper. Run (every second day) at 18:00, or when Damien gets home. Bath Erin at 18:30 and have supper. Erin in bed by 19:30 and then D and I spend time together. Aim to be asleep by 21:00. Repeat.
- What makes you smile? Hearing Erin laugh from the bottom of her tummy
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? 2012 for sure, this was the year Erin was born and when I was on maternity leave for SIX months! Loved this time of self discovery and growth.
- Finish this sentence ” There is beauty all around when …… “ you just open your eyes to see it.
- What movie did you love to watch as a child? Mary Poppins and Sound of Music! Erin also loves Mary Poppins.
- Share your favorite quote. Anne Frank’s “No one has ever become poor by giving”
- I met Damien the FIRST day we started articles at KPMG
- Can’t handle reading, read too much at varsity and too much at work, hardly ever read books
- Nail polish OBSESSED – do my nails EVERY Sunday evening
- Started dancing at the age of 3 – Danced for SA at the age of 17. Love tap, ballet and modern dancing but stopped when I went to varsity
- Obtained 6 distinctions in Matric
- HATE Avocados, have never liked it!!
- Love mild North Indian curry and garlic naan
- Obsessed with JHB and it’s people, this city runs through my veins
- Used to be a provincial swimmer at school
- Born in Sasolburg, Free State
- Love Jesus!!!
These are the blogs I nominate (if you’ve already been nominated, don’t worry) for a Liebster award:
- Life with a ladybug
- Just Ella Bella
- Skimming Stones
- Joyeful Journey
- Finding our way
- Coffey and cake
- Just four more minutes
- For his love
- At a loss for words
- Muse lee mom
- Running the race
My eleven questions for the nominees are:
- What is your blog about?
- Where did you go to school and university (if applicable)?
- What city/ town do you live in and do you love living there?
- If you could be a super hero, what would it be and why?
- Favorite song of all time?
- Best meal YOU cook?
- If your house burned down and you could only take 3 objects (you already take all family and animals) what would they be?
- Are you best with babies, kids or the elderly?
- Do you support charity, if so, which one?
- Do you work and what is your day job?
- Favorite smell in the world?