After Erin was born I somehow lost all my weight within 8 weeks after her birth (I only picked up 9kgs). But after Sienna’s birth (note I was only pregnant for 32 weeks and had picked up 15kgs) I REALLY struggled to loose the weight!
I grew up in a home of VERY active people and when I was at school, some days I would exercise 3 hours a day. I was basically an exercise FREAK! I feel since becoming a mom and realizing that life isn’t about exercise and your life shouldn’t be revolved around it, I stopped obsessing about exercise.
But back to my dilemma, I can’t shed these extra KGs and I REFUSE to buy an entire new wardrobe. So I wondered, how will I loose this weight. I can’t stand gym, gyms annoy me and I feel there’s so many germs lurking there. I love to run, but don’t have a running partner. I even considered a personal trainer, but that is SOOOOO expensive.
One day, whilst walking the dogs with Damien, I saw a bunch of ladies exercising together at George Lea Park (Sandton sports club). When I got home I googled “bootcamp George lea” and came across Adventure Boot Camp. Needless to say, I haven’t looked back!
Adventure Boot Camp has really been an enjoyable experience for me and it’s a GREAT way to exercise, here’s why:
- it’s in nature – we train outside in a PARK
- it’s 2 mins drive from my house
- you go at your own pace
- it’s like having a personal trainer, you’re just in a group (so guess more like group trainer)
- the sessions are never the same
- trains different parts of your body on different days
- you training in a group, therefore motivated
- Sandton has FIVE different time slots to choose from (5:45-6:45, 7:00-8:00, 8:15-9:15, 16:30-17:30, 17:45-18:45)
- it’s affordable – I pay R650 for 12 sessions a month and get cash back from Discovery (think 25%)
- it’s flexible – you chose between 4, 12 or 20 sessions a month
Although I haven’t lost ANY weight yet (despite eating healthier), I just feel so much better. I feel that I have more energy and my clothes seem to be less tight. I’ve convinced one of my best friends to join too.
PS – This is NOT a sponsored post and you need a yoga mat and two dumbbell’s to exercise at your best.