One thing I ALWAYS have in my house is wet wipes. Packet in each child’s room, packet in the bathroom, packet in the kitchen, everywhere…….
CHERUBS – SA’s favourite local and eco-friendly baby brand – have revamped their Classic & Eco Wipes.
CHERUBS are offering the same soft and delicate product for your baby’s skin, but now with a whole new make-over!
CHERUBS Classic & Eco Wipes have been renamed CHERUBS Classic Flushable Baby & Toilet Training Wipes. Made from premium airlaid paper, these variants are flushable & biodegradable and come in fragranced and fragrance free variants.
CHERUBS Classic flushable baby & toilet training wipes are:
- Eco Friendly
- Flushable & Biodegradable
- For Baby & Toddler
- pH Balanced
- Alcohol, Chlorine & Paraben Free
- Made in SA with love
So many of my friends are having babies – woohoo! Tonight one of my besties (who is 21 weeks pregnant, expecting a boy) asked me to send her a list of things she needs to buy for her baby. Wait, hold on, she asked ME? That means I’m regarded as an “expert” in this field (she says in a sarcastic voice), which I by no means am, but here goes, just for you my dear Cath 🙂
- Nappies – I used Huggies size 0 and then pampers premium (from size 1). I am a HUGE pampers premium fan, they do NOT leak!
- Wet wipes – you’ll need these for the next 3-4 years so buy as many as you can get your hands on, you can NEVER have enough of these
- Everyday bum cream – if on a budget, Bennets is EXCELLENT. If not, Pure Beginnings is really nice
- Nappy rash bum cream – Bepanthen, also helps for cracked nipples
- Dummy – there’s no telling whether your child will want a dummy, but I do suggest you buy one just incase he/she needs one. Not sure which brand to recommend as Erin only took an Avent dummy and Sienna only likes the Nuk dummy… Maybe buy 2 brands and then you can donate the one your child doesn’t like to The Grace Factory (hint, hint)
- Sleep positioner – I have many of these incase one is in the washing or one is in the carry cot
- Donut – I never had one when Erin was small, but have one now and find it so so handy, Sienna loves sleeping in her donut during the day
- Blankets – Muslin blankets for summer and warm fleece blankets for winter.
- Rescue remedy – a few drops for you, a few drops for baby 🙂
- Baby monitor – I like the angel care one, the one with a camera is a bit of a gimmick, but the apnea monitor is a must have
- Baby bin – angel care is a good one, but I see many brands around now
- Baby bin refills – you need quite a few of these
- Bumbo – I put both my girls in their bumbo from the age of 4 months. Buy a neutral colour so that you can use it for your next child
- Sterimar – nasal spray, works really well for tiny blocked noses
- Telament drops – These worked really well when Sienna was niggly between 8 and 10 weeks
Many people may not agree with me, but I would recommend less is more. Your child does NOT need 50 newborn outfits! It is an absolute waste of money, as he/she will probably outgrow newborn in a month and there are only 30 days in a month. Think about that, let that sink in……
I suggest a couple of newborn vests and babygrows, like 10 max. You can wash them every 2/3 days. Only problem is if you have a baby who vomits a lot. I’ve also heard boys’ nappies leak easier than girls’ nappies? I’d suggest getting more 0-3 m clothes, one can always roll the sleeves up……
Remember to be season specific and work out when your baby will need winter clothes and when he/she will need summer clothes.
Prems ALWAYS need warmer clothes, unless they are born in a heat wave (like Sienna).
You’ll need 1 or 2 beanies.
Absolute waste of money
- Shoes – your newborn does NOT need shoes, perhaps socks to keep toes warm, but NOT shoes
- Duvet cover and Duvet inner – I never used mine, only used loose blankets
- Baby towel – the hoody is always too big for the head and what’s wrong with using a normal towel?
- Bottle warmer – my children have a harsh mother – room temp milk will have to do……
- Bibs with waterproof part behind it, they don’t absorb the liquid
- Really good electric breast pump – I don’t believe in breast confusion (not sure who made that story up) and I do believe in sanity. So as soon as you can pump a bit (let’s not pump 5 times a day already), do so. Get your husband to give your child and bottle and REST – you deserve it!
- Breastfeeding pillow – I see all pro breast feeders have them, so guess they are necessary?
- Breastfeeding shawl – person dependent, I never breastfed in public, so wouldn’t know…..
- Breast pads – I had enough milk for 5 babies when Erin was born and these saved my life – Pigeon is a good brand
- Good feeding bra – don’t want those gals to sag, now do we….
- Bottles – don’t go out and buy 15 NUK bottles, your child might not feed easily from NUK. Buy one or two of two or so brands. See if he/she likes it, then send Hubby to go buy more of the one the baby likes. I think 6-8 bottles is enough to see you through.
- Steriliser – will probably be the same as your brand of bottles
- Bottle brush
- Formula – buy small tin and then see if your baby is okay with that formula, then send hubby (again, sorry hubby) to go buy a big tin
- Bibs – about 20 as you use those often and they do get wet easily
Anyone else remember what you simply couldn’t live without and what was a complete waste of money??
Wet wipes is something my house is NEVER short of. Since Erin was born almost 4 years ago wet wipes have been a stock standard on my grocery list. I love what Cherubs have done with their new packaging, innovative idea! The quality is great and at a very reasonable price.
The Cherubs Wipes Triple Pack now has a new convenient carry strap that has an elegant and user friendly design. The original plastic bag has been removed to reduce strain on the environment.
The world of parenting can be both overwhelming and magical. For the many moms who are trying to ‘do it all’ and still switch gears seamlessly, life is a constant juggle and quest to create more time or find more hands.
That’s why Cherubs is offering moms ultimate convenience with the Cherubs Triple Pack of wipes! 3 x packs of 72 wipes retail for only R49.99.